Have you been neglecting the weekly prayer meeting? Consider the following purposes and advantages of meeting for prayer:
- To encourage a discouraged people.
- As the appointed place to receive power.
- As the resource of the persecuted church.
- As the means of individual deliverance.
- As the means of suggesting missionary work.
- As the first step in a new work for Christ.
The prayer meeting serves another purpose: God has promised extraordinary and special blessings in connection with it.
Pray until you can pray; pray to be helped to pray and do not give up praying because you cannot pray. For it is when you think you cannot pray that is when you are praying.~ Charles Spurgeon (Adapted from “Prayer Meetings” and other writings)
“All these with one accord were devoting themselves to prayer…” (Acts 1:14)