Hurricane Florence Update: Stayed Tuned!
Tim Hopper has been providing detailed reports on OPC Hurricane Florence relief efforts at the OPC Disaster Response Facebook page.
Tim Hopper is:
- OPC Regional Disaster Response Coordinator for Hurricane Florence
- Chairman of the regional Disaster Relief Committee (DRC)
- Chairman of the Presbytery Diaconal Committee (PDC) of the Presbytery of the Southeast (PSE)
- Deacon at Shiloh OPC (Raleigh, NC)
From Tim’s latest Facebook post:
HOW TO HELP:
The PSE Diaconal Committee and OPC Committte on Diaconal Ministries have received a number of questions on how people can assist with cleanup efforts on the coast. Our committees and the local church officers are actively working on a plan for the coming months, and we hope to have more answers by the end of the week.
- Please continue to pray for the safety of the DRC and all who are assisting in clean up
- Pray for those who evacuated as they make plans for returning home
- Pray for those whose homes were flooded and have had many of their worldly possessions destroyed
- Pray for the witness of our churches and saints to their neighbors during this time of crisis
- Pray that our churches will be able to meet this Lord’s Day to worship our great God.
Local OPC disaster relief teams got to work immediately in North Carolina, removing trees, addressing damage to roofs, removing debris from homes and taking them down to the studs in preparation for rebuilding:
Want to learn more about New Hope Church? Click here.