Picture above: At Covenant OPC in New Bern, North Carolina: Elder Ash Guirgues, David Nakhla, Pastor Dan Fincham, Site Coordinator Jim Flanagan, Elder Jeremy Huntington, Deacon Scott Cormier
OPC Hurricane Florence Relief: Assessment in North Carolina
Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. Romans 15:2 (ESV)
OPC Disaster Response Coordinator, David Nakhla, visited North Carolina from September 22-28, 2018. David and Site Coordinator Jim Flanagan (Covenant OPC, New Bern, NC) visited affected families in both New Bern and Wilmington. They identified the following families that are currently in need of volunteer assistance:
- Bridges Home: The floor of their mobile home requires some repairs due to water damage from moisture underneath.
- Rice Home: Removal/replacement of wet insulation and A/C ducting from underneath their home.
- Stenerson Farm: Possible assistance with rebuilding their barn.
- Morgan home (non-OPC Christian family; sister of a Heritage OPC family) Any assistance in rebuilding the flooded home of this family will be appreciated.
NEW BERN, NC:
- Sexton Home: This flooded house needs to contents removed, floors and lower walls opened up, disinfected, dried, and reconstructed.
- Stenosis Home: Their roof requires repair and possible wall repair due to water ingress. One portion of the ceiling requires structural repair. This house is a double-wide trailer.
- Davenport Home: Assistance in rebuilding will be accepted, although the flooding of this home was covered by insurance.
- Maribeth Campbell (Matthews OPC, Matthews, NC) has agreed to serve as the Hurricane Florence Volunteer Coordinator.
- Contact Maribeth at FlorenceVolunteers@opc.org
- Assistant Site Coordinator: A younger helper to work alongside Jim Flanagan, our Site Coordinator in New Bern (weeks to months).
- Site Coordinators: We are looking for Site Coordinators for Wilmington, NC, who might serve for anywhere from weeks to months.
- Truck Donation: For use by the Site Coordinator in Wilmington.